Billing Better is rebranding to

Endsleigh insurance

All Billing Better student customers receive contents insurance at no extra cost.


Endsleigh Contents Insurance

Here at Billing Better, we want to ensure we’re providing our customers with the best tools and services available. We’ve added contents insurance with £7k of cover to all student packages at no additional cost, provided by Endsleigh – the UK’s No.1 student insurance provider.

*Terms and conditions apply.

Get a free quote

Protect and save

Take the worry out of uni by using our student-friendly insurance products and exclusive discounts.


Our confidential wellbeing helpline is available 24/7 - we're there for you when you need it most.

Confirm your cover

Find out how your belongings are protected at uni so you're prepared should the worst happen.

My uni

Our city guides pinpoint the best spots in your uni town - from cafes to bars, they're all here!


Frequently asked questions

Get answers to all the questions you have and boost your knowledge on our partners Endsleigh Insurance.
How does contents insurance work with my Billing Better Bills package?

When you sign up as a customer, Endsleigh automatically provide contents insurance to students living in houses that we manage the bills for at no extra cost.

So how exactly does this work?

Billing Better has a group contents insurance policy with Endsleigh Insurance. Endsleigh is the UK number one student insurer and have been insuring students for almost 60 years. 

Under this policy, all houses of our Billing Better customers are included on that policy. While there is no additional cost for our customer, this is not a free service, but instead of charging our customers, Billing Better have opted to cover the additional cost as a way of saying thank you to our customers.

As part of this policy, each individual tenant is covered up to a total of £7000 sum insured and tenants will also be covered for Fixtures and fittings protection (Tenants Liability) up to a value of £5,000. For a full list of what is included under the policy including all policy documentation, you will be directed to the My Endsleigh app as part of your journey with Billing Better.

The policy covers loss of your possessions within your accommodation as a result of Theft, Fire or Flood while you are a tenant in the property.

Alongside the cover, you can also access a 24/7 Wellbeing Helpline where you can speak to qualified counsellors in your time of need. For more information on how to access this helpline, you will be provided details as part of your onboarding journey with Billing Better. 

To submit a claim, you can visit or download the My Endsleigh app, where full information will be available.

What exactly is covered with the Endsleigh Contents Insurance?

As a Billing Better customer, you'll get contents insurance included at no additional cost to protect your possessions whilst you are living in your accommodation.

An overview of what is included is below:

  • Total contents insurance per student £7,000 sum insured
  • Computer equipment including laptops, tablets and desktop PCs insured up to the value of £2,500
  • Mobile phones insured up to a value of £1,000 on a forced entry basis only
  • Settlement on a New for Old basis
  • Non-forced entry room cover included as standard*
  • 24 hour replacement service on gadgets once a claim has been approved
  • Fixtures and fittings protection (Tenants Liability) up to a value of £5,000
  • Contents insured in your property if you leave the property unoccupied for up to 60 days
  • Low excesses: £25 for contents and £50 for computer equipment claims

*Mobile phones, cash and credit card theft are subject to forced entry theft only. You must at all times take steps to prevent loss and damage. Alongside the insurance offering, students can also gain access to a 24/7 wellbeing helpline. If you are struggling with stress or just need somebody to talk to, you can use this helpline and access support through the My Endsleigh journey via this link.

How do I make a contents insurance claim for my lost/damaged possessions?

If you need to make a claim, download the My Endsleigh App at: or submit a claims form at Zurich Insurance Claims Portal as soon as possible. 

Or contact Endsleigh on 0800 923 4042 so we can tell you what you need to do next to help resolve your claim. Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. 

In order to start a claim you will need your name, your property address & the Billing Better insurance Policy Number:  HH1814

What happens if I sign up to Billing Better now but don’t move in until September? Will I still be able to make a claim?

You can make the claim as long as you have signed up to use Billing Better services and are living in the property between 1st July 2023 and 30th June 2024. You can see full policy documentation within the Endsleigh app, details of which will be e-mailed to you. 

Why Is Contents Insurance Important? 

Contents insurance is important for several reasons:

1. Protection against loss or damage: Contents insurance provides financial protection incase your personal belongings are lost, damaged, or stolen due to covered events. It can help you recover the cost of repairing or replacing your belongings, which can be a significant financial burden on your own.

2. Peace of mind: Knowing that your personal belongings are protected can give you peace of mind and reassurance that you are financially safeguarded against unforeseen events.

3. Coverage for valuable possessions: Contents insurance can provide coverage for valuable possessions such as jewellery, electronics, and other high-value items that may not be covered under other insurance policies, such as a standard home insurance policy.

4. Protection for students: If you are a student living in a rented accommodation, contents insurance is particularly important as it can help protect your belongings while you are away from home, such as in a university dormitory or shared housing.